Introduction to Our MONSTAR Heavy Duty Platform Ladders
Platform ladders are common pieces of access equipment used in various industrial environments. Featuring a large working platform at the top, platform ladders are used to not only reach items, but to also allow employees to be able to work at a height. At Team Systems New Zealand, we have a number of Monstar platform ladders that are lightweight, portable and beneficial to any workplace.
Platform Ladder Industrial Uses
Platform ladders are incredibly versatile and are a staple of many industries. While commonly being warehouse platform ladders, they can also function as factory platform ladders, construction platform ladders, office platform ladders, retail platform ladders, household platform ladders and more. We have industrial platform ladders for all kinds of work environments.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Platform Ladder for Your Workplace
At Team Systems New Zealand, our selection of Monstar Platform Ladders consists of our Monstar 2-Step Platform Ladder, our Monstar 3-Step Platform Ladder, our Monstar 4-Step Platform Ladder, our Monstar 5-Step Platform Ladder and our Monstar 6-Step Platform Ladder. As each ladder has a differing number of steps and contrasting platform heights (ranging from 570mm to 1690mm), it is important to verify how many steps you require from a platform ladder before selecting one for your workplace. Doing so could make a difference in terms of maintaining an efficient and safe workplace.
Platform Ladder Accessories
Aside from platform ladders, we also have optional ladder accessories available, including our Monstar Handrail for Monstar Platform Ladder and our Monstar Safety Gate for Monstar Platform Ladder. Our handrail provides extra security when ascending and descending the platform ladder, while our safety gate has a hinged gate and double handrail design that provides enhanced stability when operating the platform ladder at a height. Additionally, both our Monstar Handrail and our Monstar Safety Gate are bright industrial red for added visibility and awareness.
Safety Features of Our Industrial Platform Ladders
At Team Systems New Zealand, our platform ladders have numerous features to augment safety conditions (as well as productivity) in the workplace. With each platform ladder having a fully welded construction, they each feature a large checker plate 700mm x 400mm platform that is both practical and convenient. Our platform ladders also have a wide base with rubber feet and fully welded retractable castor wheels, meaning they are able to maintain stability while being highly portable. Additionally, they can fold flat for convenient storage and they all exceed Australian and New Zealand standards AS/NZS 1892.1.
Measures You Can Take to Preserve Your Safety When Using a Platform Ladder
Like with all ladders and access equipment, there are safety hazards involved with using platform ladders. In order to maintain your safety in the workplace, you can follow these simple safety measures before, during and after using a ladder:
- Ensure that the load rating is not exceeded by your weight and the weight of your tools.
- If you are using an outside platform ladder, be sure to secure your ladder on ground that is stable and solid enough for it to be still. Also ensure that you steer clear of any power lines by at least four metres.
- Make sure you are wearing non-slip footwear and appropriate clothing at all times when operating a platform ladder.
- When using the ladder, always keep three points of contact with your hands and feet on the ladder.
- When climbing and working, make sure you face the ladder and avoid side-on loading work. If this cannot be avoided, tie the steps down to a secure point to prevent the ladder from tipping over.
- If you have to leave your ladder for any period of time, recheck it before you use it again. It is also a good idea to try to be aware of other people and your surroundings at all times.
- Once finished using your platform ladder, prepare it for its next use by cleaning it if necessary, checking to make sure there are no loose or damaged components and storing it in a safe and secure environment.
By following these safety precautions, you can maintain the health and safety of yourself and others in the workplace.
About Team Systems NZ
Team Systems NZ has platform ladders that provide a safe and simple solution to working at heights. With branches in Australia and New Zealand, and over 25 years under our belt, Team Systems New Zealand is your trusted provider of industrial platform ladders.